I suspect a great number of Americans living in Japan have seized on to the opportunity to invest their savings in Japan rather than send the money back home to the US when the exchange rate is so poor. Even if they outlook the poor exchange rate, what are they going to do with the dollars there since property and equity markets are falling. There are really only two opportunities - to buy gold stocks or foreclosed property in Japan or the Philippines.Alot of people will not know how to do either - whether to buy property or gold stocks. Fortunately we can help you in this respect. We have completed a report on foreclosed property in Japan, and I am just placing the finishing touches on a report which will help people buy precious metal stocks with confidence. At the tail end of the market there is no better opportunity to do either.
But lets focus on foreclosed property. The attraction of Japan is:
1. The high rental yields - since rental income has remained stagnant whilst prices fall 9% per annum during the 1990s
2. The Japanese hear of making money - they just hate the idea of a bargain. It brings out delusions of ghosts, suicides and the yakuza taking over their property, and the fear of conflict drives them insane. They run at the possibility of conflict.
3. Low entry costs - Old properties in Japan are heavily discounted on the basis of age
4. The early stage of the next credit cycle
5. The possibility of reform or easy credit to stimulate domestic spending as a solution to a weaker USA
Andrew Sheldon www.sheldonthinks.com